Outbound internship opportunity: 2020 CCU International Summer Internship program
College of Engineering(CoE), National Chung Cheng University (168 University Road, Ming-Hsiung Township, Chia-Yi 621, Taiwan) has announced the 2020 CCU Summer Internship Program. The students can undergo the internship from March (or from May/June) until Aug for at least 8 weeks. Internship for 8-12 weeks has higher chance for scholarship. Year 3 & Year 4 undergraduate and postgraduates are more suitable for this internship programme. The deadline for the application (Nov. 30, 2019). Please consult DCInternet if you are interested with this outbound internship.
ps: You must discuss your study plan with Academic Adviser and Industrial Training Coordinator as this outbound internship is not following the programme structure.
Industrial Training Period for May 2019 & Oct 2019
Tentative training period is: 1 Oct 2019 to 31 Dec 2019 (for all) & 1 Jun 2019 to 30 Nov 2019 (for QS). And, tentative oral presentation are: 6-10 Jan 2020 (DS), 7 Jan 2020 (D3E & DCL), 8 Jan 2020 (DCI & DMME), 9 Jan 2020 (DMAS) and 10 Jan 2020 (DMBE, DASD & DIECS). Students should follow their course structure and shall not plan other activities that may affect their industrial training.
Kindly contact the DCInterNet for any assistance of oversea industrial training placement two (2) trimesters in advance. Please refer to the procedure and guideline here for abroad internship.
Industrial Training Guidelines
Students are required to participate and work as industrial trainees in the industry of their academic discipline. Industrial training is a credited course programme, and thus is compulsory in order to fulfill the degree coursework requirements for graduation. The whole industrial training process takes two (2) trimesters:
- One trimester for conducting pre-registration and placement process.
- One trimester for conducting the actual industrial training and oral presentation.
- [Tentative training period is: First working day of Oct to last working day of Dec (for all) & first working day of Jun to last working day Nov (for QS)]
Students must satisfy all the requirements stipulated by the course syllabus of industrial training.
To all QUALIFIED STUDENTS who wish to undergo industrial training (IT):
- Please read and understand the GD001: Roles and responsibilities of IT Student.
- Attend the IT briefing.
- Comply with the Standard Operation Procedure of industrial training (before and during the IT).
Placement of Industrial training
- Students will be given a choice to approach companies that they are keen to work with.
- Work conducted in the selected company should be related to the enrolled academic programme.
- Final placements will be decided by the Industrial Training Committee
Industrial training/placement outside Malaysia
- Students are allowed to undergo the industrial training abroad.
- Please refer to the LKC FES procedure here, and University OUTBOUND INTERNSHIP GUIDELINE here.
- Kindly contact the DCInterNet for any assistance of industrial training placement two (2) trimesters in advance.
- It is compulsory for student to purchase international medical and hospitalization insurance.
- Students must fulfill the immigration requirements of the designated country of the industrial training/placement.
- DCInterNet and DISS will be informed to assist the student in applying for the necessary (e.g. application of visa, purchase of insurance, letters of indemnity, etc.).
- Please contact the DCInterNet for any assistance or clarifications on immigration matters.