Industrial Training Guidelines
Students are required to participate and work as industrial trainees in the industry of their academic discipline. Industrial training is a credited course programme, and thus is compulsory in order to fulfill the degree coursework requirements for graduation. The whole industrial training process takes two (2) trimesters:
- One trimester for conducting pre-registration and placement process.
- One trimester for conducting the actual industrial training and oral presentation.
Students must satisfy all the requirements stipulated by the course syllabus of industrial training.
To all QUALIFIED STUDENTS who wish to undergo industrial training (IT):
- Please read and understand the IT standard operation procedure (SOP).
- Attend the departmental IT briefing.
- Comply with the SOP of industrial training (before and during the IT).
Placement of Industrial training
- Students will be given a choice to approach companies that they are keen to work with.
- Work conducted in the selected company should be related to the enrolled academic programme.
- Final placements will be decided by the Industrial Training Committee
Industrial training/placement outside Malaysia
- Students are allowed to undergo the industrial training abroad.
- It is compulsory for student to purchase international medical and hospitalization insurance.
- Students must fulfill the immigration requirements of the designated country of the industrial training/placement.
- DCInterNet and DISS will be informed to assist the student in applying for the necessary (e.g. application of visa, purchase of insurance, letters of indemnity, etc.).
- Kindly contact the International Division of the University for any assistance or clarifications on immigration matters.