Industrial Training Guidelines
Students are required to participate and work as industrial trainees in the industry of their academic discipline. Industrial training is a credited course programme, and thus is compulsory in order to fulfill the degree coursework requirements for graduation. The whole industrial training process takes two (2) trimesters:
- One trimester for conducting pre-registration and placement process.
- One trimester for conducting the actual industrial training and oral presentation.
- [Tentative training period is: 1 Oct to 31 Dec (for all) & 1 Jun to 30 Nov (for QS)]
Students must satisfy all the requirements stipulated by the course syllabus of industrial training.
To all QUALIFIED STUDENTS who wish to undergo industrial training (IT):
- Please read and understand the GD001: Roles and responsibilities of IT Student.
- Attend the IT briefing.
- Comply with the Standard Operation Procedure of industrial training (before and during the IT).
Placement of Industrial training
- Students will be given a choice to approach companies that they are keen to work with.
- Work conducted in the selected company should be related to the enrolled academic programme.
- Final placements will be decided by the Industrial Training Committee
Industrial training/placement outside Malaysia
- Students are allowed to undergo the industrial training abroad.
- It is compulsory for student to purchase international medical and hospitalization insurance.
- Students must fulfill the immigration requirements of the designated country of the industrial training/placement.
- DCInterNet and DISS will be informed to assist the student in applying for the necessary (e.g. application of visa, purchase of insurance, letters of indemnity, etc.).
- Kindly contact the International Division of the University for any assistance or clarifications on immigration matters.