It is compulsory for all UTAR LKC FES students to complete industrial training for 3 months (all programmes except QS) or 6 months (for QS only). Industrial training provides exposure of students to the real-life working environment. Students gain experiences valuable for their personal and carrier developments; they observe, learn and develop their interpersonal and communication skills. Besides, the industrial attachment provides students the opportunity to meet and network with people of various occupations.
The objectives of industrial training are to:
- expose students to professional practices in the industrial sector under supervision of experienced staff,
- provide an opportunity for students to observe real-life industrial practices and implementation of theoretical lessons and principles learnt in the programme,
- provide an opportunity for students to acquire interpersonal skills through meeting and working with professionals in the industrial sector.
On completion of industrial training, a student shall be able to:
- apply knowledge of mathematics/sciences/engineering fundamentals
- apply technical skills and modern tools in the work place
- comply with the relevant rules and guidelines to professional practice
- follow code of ethics and standards of professional conduct
- demonstrate written and oral communication skills
- demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- demonstrate life-long learning and self-improvement