- All announcements pertaining to Final Year Project (FYP) will be posted here.
- Students are advised to visit this site regularly for updates
- FYP Briefing schedule – 201801 (v2, revised on 11th Jan)
- Seminar/Visit by Professors from National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
Date: 16 March 2018 (Friday)
Time: 9.30-10.30 am
Aims of the visit:
– Introduce National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST)
– Scholarship/opportunity for graduate study in NTUST
– Introduce their research interests (e.g., cryptography, information system design, machine learning, information security, data analysis, applied statistic, multimedia system, etc.)
– Looking for research collaboration
The target audience: staffs with the same research interest for grant application, FYP students who look for opportunity for further study in NTUST, research collaboration/research attachment/internship placements
UTAR Person-in-charge: Dr. Madhavan
LKCFES FYP Poster Competition-April 2018
(Compulsory for all FYP Part-2 Students)
LKCFES organizes FYP Poster Competition in Week-13 (Wednesday, 11th April) for all FYP – Part II students. Submit the soft copy of your posters by 30th March (4.00pm) and stand a chance to win attractive prizes. Contact your FYP coordinators & check the link http://fes.utar.edu.my/current-students/fyp/fyp-poster-competition/ for more information…
Most Liked Poster Award: Vote for your favourite poster between 6th April 2018 and 10th April 2018 (3pm). Log on to LKCFES FYP Website for the voting link in week-12.
- FYP Rules and Regulations for students taking FYP with the same course code for Part I and Part II (VERY IMPORTANT – MUST READ).
- UTAR Research Ethics (SoP and Form for researcher/student to conduct survey): The application for ethical approval for Final Year Projects (FYP) involving human subjects for student’s project shall be treated as a group application and as such, approval will be granted for the whole group (for the names listed in the summary form) instead of each application. Please provide the info as required in the summary form. Application for ethical approval can be submitted at any time of the month. Declaration section is to be signed by HOD and recommendation by the Dean.
- Letter of undertaking and indemnity (by students): Students whose FYP tasks require external involvement such as visits for sample collection, testing, and external meetings have to submit the completed Letter of undertaking and indemnity (click here for the sample letter) to Deputy Dean (Student Development & Industrial Training).
- It is compulsory for students to follow the FYP Report Guidelines (revised) when writing their report. Any report that does not follow the guidelines will be rejected.
- Students are encouraged to download the MS Word Template (Progress Report (revised)/ Final Report revised) of the Project Report and use this template to prepare the report. Read how to use the template.
- The format for citing sources in the Project Report shall follow the latest Harvard Referencing Style.
- Please take note that in the case of any discrepancies between announcements and guidelines, the announcements shall prevail.