- All announcements pertaining to Final Year Project (FYP) will be posted here.
- Students are advised to visit this site regularly for updates
- FYP Briefing schedule – 201805
A company from Locus-T who are channel partners for Google would like to provide a 3-days workshop on Google AdWords for the UTAR final year students. The workshop is free and at the end of the workshop (day 3) students can sit for the exam (which is also free) and get a google certified AdWords certificate. This training can also be extended to our staffs.
The proposed training dates are as follows:
24th Sept to 26th Sept; 10 am to 5 pm [right after the exam week]
10th Oct to 12th Oct; 10 am to 5 pm [week zero of October trimester]
To get feedback from students on their interest to participate in this workshop and choice of date, they have prepared a google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScrVy74PF9AWNSt52g0n6Sbn0QOWseHDuryd7ofEzt7uiqh7Q/viewform?usp=sf_link
Additionally, a sharing session from their Head of Departments will be conducted on Day 3. They will share their working experience at Locus-T so that students will have a better understanding of their company culture.
Attached is the workshop detail and program outline.
LK FES FYP committee congratulates all winners and appreciates all participants & their FYP supervisors.
COMPULSORY ATTENDANCE & SUMMARY OF POSTERS
- Attendance of all FYP part-2 students is compulsory for the FYP poster competition (students have to sign-in)
- All FYP part-2 students are required to prepare the ‘summary of any 3 FYP posters’ and get it acknowledged (official seal stamp) by the FYP Committee during the event.
- After the event, all FYP part-2 students are required to get the ‘Summary of Posters’ verified by the respective supervisors and submit to the lab together with other FYP report submission documents.
The students will not be allowed to submit the FYP report to the lab without this ‘Summary of Posters’.
- This is effective from 201805-trimester FYP competition.
If there are any issues with this, discuss with your FYP coordinator or FYP committee chairperson, Dr. Stella Morris.
(FYP Flow Chart)
- FYP Rules and Regulations for students taking FYP with the same course code for Part I and Part II (VERY IMPORTANT – MUST READ).
- Special Requirements: All supervisors whose projects have special requirements such as special venues, rooftop access, and special limited-access equipment must liaise with the Sungai Long Campus Administration Director, Dr. Tan Kee Kong (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure the timely completion of their projects.
- UTAR Research Ethics (SoP and Form for researcher/student to conduct survey): The application for ethical approval for Final Year Projects (FYP) involving human subjects or animals for student’s project shall be treated as a group application and as such, approval shall be granted for the whole group (for the names listed in the summary form) instead of each application. Please provide the info as required in the summary form. Also, please be informed that all submissions for ethical approval should be accompanied with the questionnaire/interview questions that the students will be using in their research. Application for ethical approval can be submitted at any time of the month. Declaration section is to be signed by HoD and recommendation by the Dean.
- Letter of undertaking and indemnity (by students): Students whose FYP tasks require external involvement such as external visits for sample collection, testing, survey, and external meetings have to submit the completed letter of undertaking and indemnity to Deputy Dean (Student Development & Industrial Training). It is also required to submit 1 copy of the signed form (after HoD signed the form) to the respective FYP coordinator.
- Application for External Final Year Project attachment (to be submitted by supervisors): For any FYP attachment with external institutions/ organizations, an application letter must be submitted by the supervisors together with:
- the completed ‘Letter of undertaking and indemnity (by students)‘, and
- the letter of acceptance from the collaborator
to the Deputy Dean (Student Development & Industrial Training). It is also required to submit 1 copy of the signed form (after HoD signed the form) to the respective FYP coordinator.
- It is compulsory for students to follow the FYP Report Guidelines when writing their report. Any report that does not follow the guidelines will be rejected.
- Students are encouraged to download the MS Word Template (Progress Report (revised)/ Final Report) of the Project Report and use this template to prepare the report. Read how to use the template.
- The format for citing sources in the Project Report shall follow the latest Harvard Referencing Style.
- Please take note that in the case of any discrepancies between announcements and guidelines, the announcements shall prevail.