(All announcements pertaining to Final Year Project (FYP) students will be posted here. Students are advised to visit this site regularly for updates)
- BEM E-Bulk Registration – March 2020 Convocation
To: All Graduating Engineering Students
We are pleased to announce that all graduating engineering students are now able to register as Graduate Engineer with The Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) through UTAR.
Please submit your application for BEM E-Bulk Registration between 3 July 2019 (Wednesday) and 11 October 2019 (Friday).
Pending upon final approval at BEM, those who have successfully registered with B
For more details, please come to the Faculty General Office (FGO) at Level 8, KB Block.
- Students are required to use the latest UTAR logo with company registration information
- Nomenclature of UTAR programmes as per MQA nomenclature policy: Standardization of the nomenclature of UTAR programmes as approved by the Ministry of Education. http://www.utar.edu.my/econtent_sub.jsp?fcatid=33&fcontentid=3918
All FYP students of the engineering programmes are requested to change the word “Hons.” to “Honours” in their FYP reports and related documents (cover page, first page, and ‘APPROVAL FOR SUBMISSION’ page of the FYP reports, permission sheet, etc).
- Final Year Poster Competition and Industry Interaction Day (28th August 2019 )
LKC FES congratulates all participants and winners!
For more details on FYP Poster Competition: LINK
(FYP Flow Chart)
- FYP Rules and Regulations for students taking FYP with the same course code for Part I and Part II (VERY IMPORTANT – MUST READ).
- UTAR Research Ethics (SoP and Form for researcher/student to conduct survey): The application for ethical approval for Final Year Projects (FYP) involving human subjects or animals for student’s project shall be treated as a group application and as such, approval shall be granted for the whole group (for the names listed in the summary form) instead of each application. Please provide the info as required in the summary form. Also, please be informed that all submissions for ethical approval should be accompanied with the questionnaire/interview questions that the students will be using in their research. Application for ethical approval can be submitted at any time of the month. Declaration section is to be signed by the HoD and recommended by the Dean. If any Final Year Projects involving human subjects or animals is to be conducted in laboratories, please submit a copy of the approved ethical clearance form to the respective lab staff.
- Letter of undertaking and indemnity (by students): Students whose FYP tasks require external involvement such as external visits for sample collection, testing, survey, and external meetings have to submit the completed letter of undertaking and indemnity to Deputy Dean (Student Development & Industrial Training). It is also required to submit 1 copy of the signed form (after HoD signed the form) to the respective FYP coordinator.
- Application for External Final Year Project attachment (to be submitted by supervisors): For any FYP attachment with external institutions/ organizations, an application letter must be submitted by the supervisors together with:
- the completed ‘Letter of undertaking and indemnity (by students)‘, and
- the letter of acceptance from the collaborator
to the Deputy Dean (Student Development & Industrial Training). It is also required to submit 1 copy of the signed form (after HoD signed the form) to the respective FYP coordinator.
FYP Report Writing Guidelines
(*Students are required to use the latest FYP report templates. If there are any issues with the FYP report writing guidelines &/or templates, discuss with your FYP coordinator)
- It is compulsory for students to follow the FYP Report Guidelines when writing their report. Any report that does not follow the guidelines will be rejected.
- Students are encouraged to download the MS Word Template (Progress Report* / Final Report*) of the Project Report and use this template to prepare the report. Read how to use the template.
- The format for citing sources in the Project Report shall follow the latest Harvard Referencing Style (Link to Library Source).
- Please take note that in the case of any discrepancies between announcements and guidelines, the announcements shall prevail.
Library Services for FYP Students
- Explore how you could utilize the library resources for your FYP!
- Information Skill Programme: Library conducts “Information Skill Programme” to the FYP students in week 2. Students have to register for the class once the Mail Master notification is sent out in week 1. It covers 6 modules (4 hours):
- Module 1: Information Search Strategies
- Module 2: Effective Database Searching
- Module 3: Evaluation of Web Resources
- Module 4 : Plagiarism
- Module 5: Referencing
- Module 6: Basic Mendeley
Laboratory Services for FYP Students
FYP Planner (UEGE4113/UEGE4116/UEEP3513/UEEP3516)
Final Year Poster Competition
- January Trimester, 2016
- May Trimester, 2016
- January Trimester, 2017
- May Trimester, 2017
- January Trimester, 2018
- May Trimester, 2018
- January Trimester, 2019
- May Trimester, 2019
For any queries, please contact the FYP coordinators
- FYP Coordinator for DCI – Dr. Lee Yee Ling (email@example.com )
- FYP Coordinator for DCL – Dr. Thiam Hui San (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- FYP Coordinator for D3E – Dr. Chua Sing Yee (email@example.com )
- FYP Coordinator for DMME – Dr. Bernard Saw Lip Huat (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- FYP Coordinator for DMBE – Mr. Chong yu Zheng (email@example.com)
- FYP Coordinator for DIECS – Dr. Hoo Meei Hao (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- FYP Coordinator for DMAS – Ms. Pang Sook Theng (email@example.com )
- FYP Coordinator for DS – Dr. Lew Yoke Lian (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- FYPC Chairperson – Dr. Stella Morris (email@example.com )