- All announcements pertaining to Final Year Project (FYP) will be posted here.
- Students are advised to visit this site regularly for updates
- FYP Briefing schedule – 201801 (v2, revised on 11th Jan)
LKCFES FYP Poster Competition-April 2018
FYP committee congratulates all winners and appreciates all participants & their FYP supervisors.
- FYP Rules and Regulations for students taking FYP with the same course code for Part I and Part II (VERY IMPORTANT – MUST READ).
- UTAR Research Ethics (SoP and Form for researcher/student to conduct survey): The application for ethical approval for Final Year Projects (FYP) involving human subjects for student’s project shall be treated as a group application and as such, approval will be granted for the whole group (for the names listed in the summary form) instead of each application. Please provide the info as required in the summary form. Application for ethical approval can be submitted at any time of the month. Declaration section is to be signed by HOD and recommendation by the Dean.
- Letter of undertaking and indemnity (by students): Students whose FYP tasks require external involvement such as external visits for sample collection, testing, survey, and external meetings have to submit the completed letter of undertaking and indemnity to Deputy Dean (Student Development & Industrial Training). It is also required to submit 1 copy of the signed form (after HoD signed the form) to the respective FYP coordinator.
- Application for External Final Year Project attachment (to be submitted by supervisors): For any FYP attachment with external institutions/ organizations, an application letter must be submitted by the supervisors together with:
- the completed ‘Letter of undertaking and indemnity (by students)‘, and
- the letter of acceptance from the collaborator
to the Deputy Dean (Student Development & Industrial Training). It is also required to submit 1 copy of the signed form (after HoD signed the form) to the respective FYP coordinator.
- It is compulsory for students to follow the FYP Report Guidelines when writing their report. Any report that does not follow the guidelines will be rejected.
- Students are encouraged to download the MS Word Template (Progress Report (revised)/ Final Report) of the Project Report and use this template to prepare the report. Read how to use the template.
- The format for citing sources in the Project Report shall follow the latest Harvard Referencing Style.
- Please take note that in the case of any discrepancies between announcements and guidelines, the announcements shall prevail.