Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The PEOs describe the career and professional accomplishments that the Physics programme alumni should ideally achieve in a few years after their graduation. The PEOs of Bachelor of Science (Hons) Physics are to produce:
- Graduates competent in practising fundamental scientific principles in physics discipline in a creative and innovative manner.
- Graduates capable of communicating and managing effectively in diverse areas of physics discipline.
- Graduates practising professional ethics, life-long learning, and sustainable development for the betterment of the profession and society.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Ability to acquire and apply fundamental laws and principles of physics.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve problems in various fields of physics.
- Possess technical skills to conduct, analyse and interpret physics experiments.
- Make use of physics knowledge through critical thinking to perform independent investigation of scientific problems.
- Use specialized mathematical tools, programming languages and software to model, simulate and analyse scientific problems.
- Apply appropriate knowledge in the evaluation and assessment of subject matters pertinent to public health and safety, community welfare and cultural perspectives.
- Recognise the significance of sustainable development and environmental concerns for local and global community.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical and social responsibilities as a physicist.
- Communicate scientific ideas effectively and unambiguously to professionals and community at large.
- Display capability to work competently in multidisciplinary environment as a member or a leader with effective management skills.
- Recognize the need for information management and independent life- long learning in the context of scientific advancement.
- Demonstrate capability to apply managerial and entrepreneurial skills to manage multidisciplinary projects.