Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The PEOs describe the career and professional accomplishments that the Financial Mathematics programme alumni should ideally achieve in a few years after their graduation. The PEOs of Bachelor of Science (Hons) Financial Mathematics are to produce:
- Graduates are competent in problem solving in financial and banking industries using mathematical and computational methods.
- Graduates are capable of taking management roles and communicating effectively with other players in their industries.
- Graduates practicing professional ethics, life-long learning, and sustainable development for the betterment of the profession and society.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Upon completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in understanding the concepts and applications of Financial Mathematics.
- Exhibit ability to collect financial data, to use computer and mathematical software to access information and process data, and to exercise good judgement in analysing data.
- Relate the importance of ethics, culture, economics, and human relationships; as well as apply these factors in mathematics related disciplines.
- Demonstrate the ability to keep ethical standards and to show and commit oneself to professional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with individuals from different backgrounds, as well as demonstrate the ability to work in a diverse team as a valued member or as an effective leader.
- Develop theoretical knowledge of the fundamental theorem of asset pricing and of relevant scientific methods, in order to apply these models and methods or synthesize models to solve problems in financial and banking industries.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage in life-long self-development and self-learning.
- Acquire skills, including soft skills, to plan, conduct, and manage projects and assignments independently.