Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The PEOs describe the career and professional accomplishments that the Applied Mathematics with Computing programme alumni should ideally achieve in a few years after their graduation. The PEOs of Bachelor of Science (Hons) Applied Mathematics with Computing are to produce:
- Graduates who are competent in problem solving in a variety of industries using mathematical and computational methods.
- Graduates who are capable of taking management roles and communicating effectively with other players in their industries.
- Graduates who continuously practice professional ethics, life-long learning, and sustainable development in their profession for the betterment of the society.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Upon completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate logical thinking and knowledge of mathematical concepts, both explicitly and by applying them to problem solving.
- Demonstrate skill in utilizing modern software applications for mathematical computation, modelling, simulations, and statistical analysis.
- Relate the importance of ethics, culture, economics, and human relationships; as well as apply these factors in mathematics related disciplines.
- Demonstrate the ability to keep ethical standards and to show and commit oneself to professional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with individuals from different backgrounds, as well as demonstrate the ability to work in a diverse team as a valued member or as an effective leader.
- Demonstrate skill in abstracting the essentials of problems, formulating them mathematically and obtaining solutions by appropriate methods.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage in life-long self-development and self-learning.
- Acquire skills, including soft skills, to plan, conduct, and manage projects and assignments independently.