To be a global university of educational excellence with transformative societal impact
We are committed to achieving the Vision through:
- Universal values in our beliefs
- Tenacity in overcoming challenges
- Agility in facing new frontiers
- Responsibility in pursuit of excellence
In carrying out its mission, UTAR is committed to:
- Engage in research, scholarship, teaching and practice at the highest international standards and the value of society, which will enable the greatest number and widest variety of people to develop the capability to shape their future and to contribute to the development of their organizations and communities.
- Ensure that UTAR’s Vision and Mission are supported by effective administrative and management structures, policies, practices and systems and that UTAR is managed in a professional and client – focused manner.
- Provide a supportive and challenging environment for faculty and students to realize their full potential and develop the skills and flexibility needed in a rapidly changing world.
- Maintain a strong undergraduate programme, which encourages the intellectual and personal development of students and responses to professional and community needs.
- Conduct major research programmes, which broaden the horizons of knowledge and seek answers to problems of importance.
- Maintain a strong graduate programme, which encourages intellectual, research and personal development of the students.
- Expand the expertise, services and resources offered by UTAR through the development of cooperative educational programmes with other institutions and professions and other local, state, federal, and international agencies.
- Encourage commitment to lifelong learning.
Offer learning experiences that instill in students a consciousness of their role in a rapidly changing and technological oriented world with a strong sense of professional and social responsibility.
- Inculcate among the faculty and the academic community a culture of commitment to effective dissemination of knowledge and vigorous scholastic research activities with publications of high international standard.
- Promote the use of ICT and IT-intensive learning through innovative courses and learning support systems.
PILLARS OF EDUCATION
- Virtue and Morality
- Knowledge and Intellect
- Physical and Mental Health
- Sociality and Humanitarianism
- Aesthetics and Harmony
- Creativity and Innovation