The Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific Secretariat, in cooperation with Zhengzhou University (China), is pleased to announce the 3rd AUAP–ZU Scholarships for the Year 2019 and tenable at Zhengzhou University , China. Thirty Five (35) students from AUAP member institutions will be selected to participate in the coming AUAP– ZU Scholarships for the Year 2019 (March–First batch and November–batch). Members in good standing of AUAP are encouraged to nominate their candidates (faculty members are included).
THE BASIC AUAP’S CRITERIA OF RECRUITMENT ARE LISTED BELOW:
1. Member institution nominating their candidates must be
– an Active Member ( i.e. has paid membership fees for the year 2019, 2020 and 2021 )
– or new Active Member ( 4 years membership payment; 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 )
Remarks; New Member can pay the membership fee in Euros and Peso currencies.
2. Each member can nominate 1–2 candidates.
3. Nominating institution must follow the following:
3.1 Research Proposals at least 450–500 words
3.2 Submit an application (attached), photo and brief introduction of each candidate, copy passport, certificate and transcript.
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES, TO BE NOMINATED FROM AUAP MEMBER INSTITUTIONS ARE:
1. Holder of a Bachelor degree or Master degree
2. Grade point average must be reasonably high
3. Submit research proposals (450–500 words)
4. Letter of recommendation from AUAP
5. Has good health
The Scholarships cover:
1. Tuition fee
3. Salary 3,500 RMB per month for Ph.D. Programme and 3,000 RMB for Master Porgramme.
Remarks: 1. The scholarship does not cover the air ticket, visa, personal expenses and insurance
during their stay.
2. The host (ZU) will arrange the pick up at the Zhengzhou International Airport,
Zhengzhou City, China.
DEADLINE: Application form with the cover letter from the President/ Rector/ Vice Chancellor must be sent to AUAP Secretariat on or before March 31, 2018 at 12.00 pm., Bangkok, Thailand Time.
The Secretariat will select the candidates and announce the results on May 31, 2019.. Then, the host will coordinate directly to each candidate for the formal invitation to apply for a visa. The Academic Year starts in early September 2019.
For more information, please contact AUAP Secretariat through E–mail; auapheadquarters@