Recogine Technology is an ICT enabling company that is passionate about delivering world class intelligent transportation systems (ITS) for the transportation and security industries. Recogine Technology was founded in 2006 to become a leading solutions provider by innovating and delivering ground-breaking ITS products and services. Headquartered in Selangor, Malaysia, Recogine Technology operates in a wide range of markets, providing end-to-end intelligent transportation & communications solutions to customers in Malaysia and globally. We are leaders and innovators of niche intelligent transportation system solutions and products. Our environment combines the best of creativity and technologies, allowing us to develop end-to-end solutions that help our clients benefit their customers and the world at large over years. At Recogine Technology, we take pride in what we do and have passion to lead the revolution is providing a secure living for all.
Position: R&D Engineer (Hardware Appliance)
In this position, your scope of responsibilities would include but not limited to the following:-
- Collaborate with Business Development to understand and define customer’s requirements especially on Intelligent Transportation System (ITS), Smart City and Wireless Communication Technology.
- Continuous Research and Develop new product based on current and future market demands
- Design, develop, test, verify and integrate new technology
- Provide support and training to System Engineering and Project Team for deployment.
- Architect and realize new product concept design.
- To do research study on embedded systems, communication systems, IoT systems and applying the knowledge to improve or design new product.
- To develop, enhance and maintain program in accordance with the design and its requirements.
- Linux Driver/Kernel Development
- Design RF concepts and wireless communications.
- Define, Design and implement test cases on assigned projects.
- Build prototypes, products, and systems for testing, identifying the suitability and availability of materials, set up and run laboratory simulations
- Execute test cases and deliver timely, accurate and complete test results.
- Capture, analyse and report test failure for further analysis and debugging.
- Work on project through all stages: conceptual design, development stage, testing prototypes, mass production and deployment.
- Possesses at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering /Computer Science /Computer Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent
- Knowledge of development in Windows and Linux environment.
- Knowledge of development of Embedded Systems
- Proficient in the following: C/C++ or relevant scripting language.
- Knowledge in communication protocols, hardware interface programming and interface capabilities.
- Experience in hardware/design/software integration and testing will be an advantage.
- Independent and self-motivated
- Research and self-learning skills.
- Possesses a ‘hands-on’ approach towards work and good initiative and outspoken
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and able to work both independently and a team player.
- Has excellent problem solving skills and can produce results with minimum supervision.
- Willing to learn and improvise.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English.